• Major food manufacturer required remedial action to improve ROI and Market Share
Major food manufacturer was losing market share resulting from a high cost base and poor quality and had tried six sigma, lean manufacturing and traditional cost reduction methods
What we did
• We reviewed the manufacturing facilities and marketing & operational strategies. The root cause was identified as multiple product manufacturing facilities performing below capacity due to constant set up changes and supply change issues.
• Remediation involved developing and implementing single-product centres of excellence, boosting capacity utilisation improving product quality, and establishing closure plans for excess capacity.
• A considerably lower cost base, and more efficient suppy chain was established, which improved quality and reduced costs allowing our client to claw back prior market erosion as well as increase margins.
• The impact was Increase in ROI of 15% and Market share of 20%
|CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE REDUCES COSTS AND IMPROVES QUALITY|
|Case Study - Asset Efficiency|
|Copyright 2009 Deshel. All rights reserved.|