• Develop a growth strategy based on strategic relationship management
to organically increase revenue and margins
• A major engineering & services company needed to expand its customer base to maintain
growth targets but lacked the business development timeframe in which to achieve this..
What we did
• Internal analysis revealed that its regular technology/equipment suppliers were actively marketing the same potential customers as the client through many of the client's competitors.
• Negotiations were entered into with these suppliers to form a project alliance/ partnership where the client was seen to be the implementer with joint “go to market” plans, rules of engagement and risk sharing strategies. Contracts were agreed and the strategy implemented.
• This process resulted in a “win win” for both parties, gaining access to an expanded customer base for projects and the maintenance contracts of the technology supplier as well as through life support.
• Favourable payment terms increasing ROI and free cash flows.
• The strategy continually improved revenues from $1.5b to $4b over a 4 year period
|STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS INCREASE CUSTOMER BASE|
|Case Study - Strategic Competency|
|Copyright 2009 Deshel. All rights reserved.|